Who would of thought?

I stared in shock and surprise. It felt like someone kicked me in the chest. All the air sucked out of my body the minute I saw Td drop to one knee and ask Immi for her hand in marriage. Doing what he did to me less than a year ago. Asking her what he promised me. Telling her what he told me. But this time it was different. He meant it this time.

Don’t get me wrong. I think Td meant it when he proposed to me. But not as heartfelt and deep as what I witness with Immi. There so was much love in his words. Mine was more… a promise that someday when he was ready.

I guess he is ready now.

But I had no choice. I had to smile and pretend that everything was great and I was happy. But at that moment I felt an incredible loneliness. Just once I wanted someone to talk to, to lean against, to lay my head on their shoulder and feel their warmth against my cheek while we talk the night away. To have strong arms wrap around me and tell me everything will be alright.

I watched Td and Immi dance and a plan got set into motion. A companion. They have male ones, right? So I pulled out my cortex and contacted the only set of contacts I know that would know. After I put my order in, specific in the fact that they had to be male, and no sex allowed, I headed to Hale’s to relax.

That’s when I got the cortex from Duncan. He had something for me. I had only hoped it wasn’t a surprise and I was about to find myself dumped in the Wastes for mutant food. Especially after what I said to him the last time.

No… it was to say the least one of the most beautiful surprises anyone has ever given me.

A ship. A beautiful medevac ship. Fully stocked and just for me. Duncan refitted it and got it working. I walked around in wonder. Mine… it was truly mine. No one has ever given something so… wonderful. I think I surprised him. I hugged and kissed his cheek before bounding into the ship, touching and smelling and enjoying the interior. 

He helped me settle some things inside the ship before he invited me into his to hang out. We chatted and I drank water and it was very pleasant and fun. I enjoyed myself.

It was to say the least, the most interesting up and down evening I had ever been in. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Firefly to Neverland

It all started with a Lie...

She's a little cold-hearted...